Wednesday 27 September 2017

Playground....TV......MOBILE....What is the right choice?


The topic seems little weird. Right? Few days back, a friend of mine visited my home. I saw her 8 years old son continuously playing games on the mobile and she was not even trying to stop him. I asked her why was she not asking him to stop. She said that he just does not listen to her.

So, I spoke to him 'Anuj, why don't you go out and play with kids. See there are many kids in the playground and they are playing cricket.'
Without looking towards me he said 'No aunty, I am fine. I don't like going out and play.' I was surprised. Then my friend said 'Dear you know what...there is no park or playground in my society where kids can play. Neither any in my vicinity also. I did try a lot. But couldn't help Anuj in styaing away from the mobile. He does not even like watching TV. Tell me what to do. He does not have friends also. All of them stay quiet far. So I am left with no other option.'

I could see the fear and also worry in her eyes. Was Anuj at fault? I believe he was not. There are many such places where there is mo place for the kids to play. Earlier they used to stick to the TV and watch cartoons. But now, slowly and steadily mobile games are replacing these cartoons also. We are now asking the kids to watch TV rather than playing games on mobile.

We as parents are in a dilemma as to what to do? In the absence of a playground...where does our child go for playing or for recreation activities?

We have left the kids with no option. And as an individual even they get bored with one particular thing and want to try different things. Keeping them away from mobile is becoming tough nad tough everyday. We as parents need to monitor and be vigilant on their use of mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment