Monday 25 September 2017

But Why Mom?????

A cool Friday it was, and me and my friend made up a plan for our little girls, mine 5 yrs old and her's 11 yrs old. So we took them for a surprise movie."Beauty and the Beast". Both were very excited...ate popcorn, drank soft drinks.. After movie it was time for the games in the game zone and at the end it was Pizza time. So it was a perfect evening for all of us and everyone had fun. As soon as we boarded the Taxi, my friend suddenly turned to Pihu (her daughter) and said" Pihu, tomorrow morning you have your Guitar class. Your Sir just informed me, so be prepared". As if Pihu had heard thunderstorms, and heavy rainfall has started, she screamed "WHAT?" Her mom said" yes , you heard it right". And all of a sudden the happiness, the smile and the masti that we all did, disappeared from Pihu's face. She became very silent and sat close to the Taxi window. Meanwhile, Mahi (my daughter) on seeing her elder sister silent, went slowly up to her and asked " Kya hua Pihu Didi" And Pihu looked at her and shouted on her " Just go and sit there and do not disturb me" .
Mahi started crying, came to me and sat. We all noticed Pihu's behaviour. On seeing this , her mom started to scold her " What is your problem Pihu? Why do you always behave in this manner whenever you have Guitar class?? And why did you scold Mahi? Why are you ruining every one's mood after such a lovely evening?" Hearing this, Pihu also shouted on her mother "Do not shout on me. Even I can shout. I just do not want to go for the Guitar class. But if you keep scolding and shouting on me, I shall go. Is it fine??" Oh!! I could see red faces, both mother and daughter. I told both of them to keep quiet and discuss these things at home. 
Upon reaching home, I asked my friend, what is the matter all about? She said that everytime Pihu's guitar class is scheduled, she refrains from attending, she cries and that too in a manner as if something serious had happened with her in the class. Also that Pihu doesn't attend the class alone and a boy of same age in the same building also attends. I called up Pihu and started talking to her in a friendly manner " Pihu, just be calm and tell me what is the matter, why do you refrain from attending the class. Does your teacher touches you anywhere or scold you?? Or he hits you?" She said" he does nothing of all these". I asked" where is the problem then? Tell me, till the time we understand, we cannot help you and find a solution." So she said crying" He compares me with Arav (the other boy) always. He says..look he is learning so fast, plays so well and why don't you? I always tell mom that I do not like such comments, but mom says that I should avoid listening to all these. She says that I am learning guitar just for fun and not for any competition." I send her inside and turned to my friend " Drop her guitar class yar, kya hoga? Pihu goes for dance class and she has never complained about that and in fact she enjoys it. So if she does not learn guitar, there is no harm". 
My friend replied "In this way, Pihu shall never overcome her fear of losing and defeat. She has to learn that this is only the beginning, a lot she has to see with the coming time. She has to face a lot of competition in future. How shall she manage? Every time I won't be there to help her". I said " Yes you are right, but look at her condition, may be in the coming years she might understand herself. But for now, discontinue her guitar class or else she would lose the little bit of confidence that her little heart has. May be after a year she might come and tell you that she wants to restart her classes. This is only worsening your both's relation". My friend sighed..spoke to her husband and stopped Pihu's guitar classes. The next day Pihu came running and said " Thanks mausi..." and ran away. I could see the calmness and innocence back on her face. And also a big relief on her face.
I could not understand who was right ..Pihu or her mother...I just tried to calm both of them and listen to both. It happens with all of us as parents. We have expectations and we always try to make our kids strong enough so that they are able to face all the odds of the world and life. But every time we cannot be practical and have to listen to their innocent heart as well.
Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment