Tuesday 26 September 2017

A Turning Point.....

I believe that the first school of every child starts at home. As it is aid “As you sow …so shall you reap”..
Yesterday, my evening walk turned to be a challenging lesson for my life when I saw my neighborhood 10 year boy talking harshly to one of his class mate. They both perhaps were returning from coaching class.
When I asked about his schooling, he named one of the most reputed schools in the state. He always seemed much disciplined to me.  Of course his parents must be working hard to make him a good Human Being. But he lacked a basic discipline; like dealing with opposite gender.
For any child aged about 5 years plus, one of the most important places for learning, along with home is School. But in today’s cut throat competitive world many parents only care about grades or very high %ages. The belief is “grade is the future”. However, what is important, as per me is a child’s advancement.
It was an eye opener for me being a mother of a four year old. I was disheartened seeing a boy of hardly 10 years behaving inappropriately with his class mate of opposite gender. At this stage, I felt, parents should interfere and teach their child how to deal with opposite gender and show them respect.  Be it a boy or girl. Such activities if controlled and taken care at an early stage, can help in avoiding any disaster later. Only good or higher education does not play building the character, good child advancement also has equal weight in one’s life.
Hence, as parents and family we should try to nurture a child's behaviour in a positive and proper manner; rather to say, in a disciplined way.
Ps: It was just an observation from me from that small incident with that kid. Request not to take it personally

No comments:

Post a Comment