Wednesday 2 January 2019

My Secret Diary # newyearresolution

Recently my daughter purchased a diary from a near by mela. That's a secret diary because it has a password to unlock it. She was writing something on 1st of January this year. Once done, she showed it to me and I saw that she has written 'I love you Mama and Papa'. I kissed her and thought, her world starts with us and ends with us. She asked me if I also have a secret diary and some secret written in it? Her question triggered my thoughts, I remember having a small pocket diary as a kid. I always wrote my new year resolutions in that and used to show to my bestie. I still remember few of my resolutions, 'i will not eat chocolates', 'i will not watch TV', 'I shall never fight with my friends', 'I shall always share my comics and toys' and like every other child,  had cheat days and my resolution broke with a promise to myself that next year I shall surely adhere to them. Time passed and I entered adulthood. But my habit of maintaing diary remained same and never changed. Every year I bought a new diary and my first day of the year started with my new resolutions. Sometimes a 10 items to do list, sometimes 20 and some times 1. I started to tick those that I adhered to the whole year. Some more time passed and the world got shrinked to technology with smart phones. I was now a working professional but my habit of writing resolutions remained same, some colleagues laughed and called kiddish, some followed me, but I remained hooked to my habit.
One beautiful evening I became a mother, and I got engrossed in the motherhood journey. I forgot everything, I forgot myself. I left my job, became an author, a blogger, but sadly I forgot my habit of writing diary and making resolutions. And with this habit, I left doing my self introspection. I felt very sad when I looked back my last 6 years. Where was I? What all I loose? What all I gained? Did I improve or I was just lost in the world of duties and responsibilities?
I quickly opened my drawers and cupboards to find a diary and was lucky to get one old but untouched diary. That afternoon I sat to write my secrets and at the end showed it to my daughter who was my budding bestie. She read it loud...the most beaitiful thing that happened to me is my daughter and every year I shall try to keep the beauty as it is.

4 comments:

  1. Love the story dear,it sounds so cute and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and appreciating

      Delete
  2. Sometime in the journey of life we leave behind somethings with which were deeply attached but total detachment is not possible.
    Good to know you are attached again with your diary.

    ReplyDelete